What is PROFHILO?
- Profhilo is not actually a dermal filler, it is a hyaluronic acid formulated with the new patented technology. Profhilo has been engineered for skin bio remodelling.
- Profhilo is free from impurities and additives hence greater safety and reduced side effects.
- Very effectively stimulates production of both a natural collagen and elastin to renew the skin from within.
- Proven safety record and results
- Profhilo was awarded Product Innovation of the Year at the 2016 Aesthetics Awards in the UK and International Anti-Ageing and Beauty Trophy for ‘Best Skin Enhancement Device’ at the Aesthetic and Anti-Ageing Medicine European Congress in Paris October 2015
- With one of the highest concentrations of HA on the market (64mg / 2ml) it is not only boosting and hydrating the skin, but also remodels the ageing and sagging tissue.
- Profhilo delivers great results as a treatment on its own or in combination with other aesthetics treatments currently on offer.
- IBSA, through its extensive scientific knowledge regarding HA, has developed a new patented technology of stabilized hybrid complexes, making available a concentration of 64 mg of hyaluronic acid in one pre-filled syringe.Hyaluronic acid is a molecule that has been studied and used for a long time. The properties and benefits of Hyaluronic Acid are universally recognised.PROFHILO®: technology and innovation with complete safetyThe unique and stable molecular hybrids are produced using a specific procedure involving a thermal treatment. This new patented technology allows to combine 32 mg of high molecular weight HA between 1100–1400 kDa (H-HA) and 32 mg of low molecular weight HA between 80–100 kDa (L-HA) . The concentrations of hyaluronic acid in one syringe is 64 mg in 2 ml and is available now in this new product called PROFHILO®.PROFHILO® generates a new method of intervention which, through a single infiltration solution, allows the levels of endogenous HA to be integrated with equal concentrations of high and low weight HA hybrids.The combined action of the hybrids associates the regenerating trophic effect of the L-HA on the epidermis (HYDRO effect), and the plastic modeling effect of the dermis (LIFT effect) carried out by the H-HA; Hydrolift® Action.The PROFHILO® technology, in addition to supporting Hydrolift® Action by integrating the levels of endogenous hyaluronic acid, is able to optimize the Hydrolift® Action thanks to the presence of the stabilized hybrid complexes.
- A prolonged action: PROFHILO® hybrid complex has been proven to protect the high molecular weight HA (> 1000kDa) present in the complex, reducing the bio degradation by eight times that of H-HA alone.
- The lower dynamic viscosity obtained in PROFHILO®, with respect to HA alone, permits the use of a 29 G needle with a superior homogeneous spreading in the dermis.
- Reduced inflammation comparing to a regular dermal filler: The low molecular weight is slowly released from the hybrid network and therefore, the first inflammatory cytokines (TGF-β) are not activated, lowering the overall inflammatory response, or limiting the first ‘inflammation’ phase to a positive light shock to ‘sleeping/tired’ cells.
- Highly biocompatible: PROFHILO® is in fact, a highly purified natural hyaluronic acid which does not contain chemicals (cross-linking agents) to modify the structure, therefore reducing the risk of adverse reactions.
- Thanks to its unique characteristics, PROFHILO® provides a new possibility to combat facial skin ageing: bio remodelling, or the ability to improve skin laxity.Bio remodelling differs from traditional bio rejuvenation for three main reasons:
- Reduced number of injection points
- The time necessary for each treatment session
- Immediate results sustained longer over time.
How does PROFHILO works?
As a stabilized product Profhilo lasts in the skin around 28 days. During this time the stimulation of 4 different types of collagen and elastin takes place by slow release of HA.
The stimulation results in significant tissue improvement. Therefore we cannot say that Profhilo is a skin booster as it also has a significant tightening/lifting effect on the tissue.
How is PROFHILO stabilised?
Profhilo is developed by using a patented technology resulting in hybrid cooperative complexes between high molecular weight HA and low molecular HA without the use of any chemical cross-linking compounds. These complexes increase the stability of HA to enzymatic and mechanical degradation.
To maximize the diffusion in the malar and sub-malar areas:
- The BAP were specifically chosen in anatomically respective areas
- The dilution phenomenon of the product itself
- 5 injections per side
- Reduced pain (slow injection)
- Lower possibility of bruising or hematoma
- Reduced number of treatment sessions
Dr Margaret Grabicka
General Medicine and Aesthetic Medicine Doctor with expert experience in dermal fillers, anti-wrinkle injections, i.v infusions, lifting threads and body contouring treatments.